Only 6 more shifts ..... Woohoo. Can't wait to finish ED now.
The first two shifts this week were great, mainly because the attending was fab and let me do whatever I wanted so really enjoyed them. Rich also found the same with his two shifts. It definitely makes all the difference who you are working with. Yesterday's one was just a so-so, attending was quiet as anything so a bit rubbish and there was a big patient load, though I seemed to end up with everyone and the residents ended up with noone - not quite sure how that worked. I did get to suture a big hole up in a little old lady's forearm though, which was good.
It has not really been an eventful week, but we did both get a day off together on wednesday, so after a well deserved lie in (I finished at midnight on tues), we went to "the rooms", which is literally a building with rooms in it full of different stuff. Not very exciting or informative particularly, but we did have the most amazing lunch at their cafe. Rich had 'cod on the rocks', pan fried local cod with steamed mussels in a creamy ale sauce with mash and veg, so gooood. I had the seafood bake - scallops, salmon, cod, prawns in a lovely white sauce topped with a paremesan crust, mmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmm it was gooooooood. There would have been photos, but I was too embarrassed to take them at the table! We are definitely going back again though.
Other than that, we have been mainly working. Rich is working all weekend, I am doing this afternoon and a night tomorrow, if my left hip holds out as its having issues currently. No big plans for the weekend, a new girl arrives in the house late tonight so that will be good.
We have a car booked for next sunday to go and do the irish loop (capre st mary's, mistaken point, ferryland etc), so we can get out of st john's and see some more of newfoundland.
xxx
FAI News
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment