Sunday, 22 November 2009

fun fun fun at Paignton Zoo!


We went to Paignton Zoo today, which was great fun, mainly because I hired an electric scooter so I could actually get around. Otherwise, with my hip at the moment, I can only tolerate about 100m walking until it gets very painful, so that wouldn't have let me see very many animals!

After a quick lesson in how to use it, I was let loose. Luckily I managed to get the hang of it fairly well and didn't even hit any ankles, though I did get stuck in a few benches with the lack of tight turning circle. I also was applauded by the staff when I had to do a 6 point turn to get out of one area, lol, at least I was providing amusement and managing to embarrass Rich and Ben too!! Unfortunately I can't seem to upload a photo of me and my scooter, but will keep trying. I even had one old lady saying how smart my one was compared to her own ... I really have aged 70 years...

The zoo itself is very good, with a wide variety of animals, though a lot were hiding inside as there was a chilly wind blowing and clouds around. We were lucky to only have rain for about 5 minutes during the whole day despite severe weather warnings out for devon.

9 more days to go ...
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment