Saturday, 21 November 2009

10 days to go...

Only 10 days to go now! woohoo, I can't wait.

I have my pre op assessment this tuesday, the routine bloods and forms etc, which shouldn't be too much of a problem. I am also going to pop in and see Janet, as she is having her PAO today, so hopefully by then she will be up to a quick hello and doing well.

I have already packed my bags, one for the hospital with essentials: deep heat pads for back muscle spasms, peppermint teabags for the epidural windy side-effects, handcream, baby wipes (a godsend when you can't easily get up to the bathroom to wash hands etc), mints (ditto the getting to the bathroom bit) and orange squash. I am not bothering with a book as I know from the previous ops that I won't be up to reading it and I'm sure mum will provide enough magazines for me to read, which require less concentrating.

Just counting down the days now ... I have 5 more days at the GP surgery, then next weekend to while away. Fingers crossed I don't get a cold or ill between now and then. I have had my swine flu jab, so hopefully can't catch that off any patients.

Must also mention Debbie, who has just had her PAO, she is doing really well and is already over a week post op! Hope you are ok Debbie and relaxing lots,
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment